Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Talk about Random

Boy, it sure has been a long time since I posted. Lot's happened since then and right now my time feels about as frenetic as it can get. My daughter can now pull herself up to stand on her own, she says "Da da" occasionally, a friend got married, I've gotten a couple of photoshoots in and we made it through the first 2 weeks of the NFL season.

Katie is growing up fast and if I remember my own childhood I'm sure she's chomping at the bit just wanting everything to happen faster so that she'll not have to rely on Mommy or Daddy to take the time to come over and pick her up or get something for her. As for me, WOW. I just wish everything would slow down a bit so that I could spend some time with her. Luckily I get to keep her tomorrow night. It'll be nice to have Mommy out of the house for awhile so Katie and I can just relax and do Pop & Daughter stuff like brushing the hair and blowing spit bubbles. Besides, when am I supposed to take advantage of her natural childish exuberance for farting if not at this age. She now has 2 teeth (both bottom center teeth) and she is absolutely the perfect baby. I've already told Cindee that I want 2 more just like her. Not so sure she's up for that but . . . .

The photography is going better than I have any reason to expect. I've gotten 5 models and 6 shoots under my belt and I'm starting to feel much more relaxed and comfortable when we shoot. My shots are closer to production quality directly out of the camera with little to no processing required for a decent portion of the shots. I have 4 sessions scheduled with models over the next week and one wedding to shoot this weekend. Who knows if I'll ever make a dime off this (Lord knows I've spent several dimes on it already) but it is rejuvenating for my spirit. It's great to look at a well taken and produced photograph of a lovely model and know that I had the lion's share of creating that image (of course the model is there but if everyone could get the exact look out of a model then you wouldn't have premier photographers would you). It's good to feel like I can help a model relax and we can work together to generate an artistic shot that evokes some feeling in the viewer.

The friend that introduced Cindee and me just got married this last weekend. Sarah Stein married Stephen Shelbourne. I like both of them. Steve seems to be a regular guy with a good perspective on life for his age. I hope they're enjoying the junk outta their honeymoon right now.

So the Titans lost to Indianapolis. I guess I should care a little more but I figure they can make that up over the season. I'm actually more interested in McNair's finger and the rehabilitation of it. Watched Dallas go up to New York last night and take on the G-men. Long, loooonnnnngggg game (lasted from 9:00 EST until 1:00 EST) but it had several sparks that kept me watching through the dull moments. I do like Fassel and the Giants more than Dallas (say it ain't so, guess I grew up) but I was happy to see Parcells get a win on his first trip taking Dallas back into his old house.

Well, that's about it. I'll be posting more photos from the modeling sessions on my PBase account (http://www.pbase.com/kevinriggs/portraits) so take a look when you have time and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: